Compugen (“Compugen”, “we”, “our”) is committed to maintaining the privacy of its users (“user”, “you”). The following information describes how Compugen collects and processes information about you when you use our website (the “Website”).
- What information we collect and why we collect it.
- How we use that information.
- How we secure your information.
- Your rights with regard to the collection of such information.
Compugen is a clinical-stage drug discovery and development company utilizing a broadly applicable, predictive computational discovery platform to identify novel drug targets and new biological pathways and develop therapeutics in the field of cancer immunotherapy. The Website is designed to provide essential information on Compugen and to enable you to contact Compugen.
Information from which you can be personally identified may also be collected, including but not limited to your full name, email address and the location of the computer through which you used the Website (hereinafter: “Personal Information”). Personal Information shall be collected only if received voluntarily from you, including, without limitation, via the following ways:
- Contacting Us
If you wish to contact us, we will collect your full name, email address, company name, phone number and the subject of your inquiry to facilitate your inquiry.
- Applying for a job
If you wish to apply for a job at Compugen, you may do so via the Website, and we will collect the information included in the resume you chose to submit.
- Subscribing to our Investor Relations Updates
If you wish to register to our investor relations update and be provided with information on or by Compugen, we will collect your email address if you choose to provide it and will send you the required materials.
Use of Information
We use the Personal Information we collect from you for a range of different business purposes according to different legal bases of processing. We may use or process your Personal Information for the following purposes. One or more purposes may apply simultaneously.
- Providing the Website
- We collect your Personal Information, such as your full name, email address, phone number and the subject of your inquiry when you contact us regarding Compugen.
- If you would like to apply for a job at Compugen, we will collect the information included in the resume you chose to submit, to be able to consider your application.
- Such collection of information will enable us to provide you with technical and professional assistance with regard to the Website.
We process the Personal Information where it is necessary for the adequate performance of the contract regarding the use of the Website.
- Improvement and Development of the Website
- We collect Personal Information to improve and develop our services and understand feedback on Compugen’s Website and to help provide more information on the use our Website quickly and easily.
- We collect Personal Information for ongoing review and improvement of the information provided on our Website to ensure it is user friendly.
- We collect Personal Information to improve the management and administration of our business and maintain compliancy with our internal policies and procedures.
- We conduct surveys and research, test features in development, and analyze the information we have to evaluate and improve our Website, develop new features, and conduct audits and troubleshooting activities.
We process this information in light of our legitimate interest in improving the Website to allow our users to have the best experience.
- Maintain a Safe and Secure Environment
We may use your information to detect and prevent fraud, abuse and security incidents in the following ways:
- Verify and authenticate your identity and prevent unauthorized or illegal activity;
- Enhance the safety and security of our Website;
- Conduct security investigations and risk assessments;
- Prevent or take action against activities that are, or may be, in breach of our terms of service or applicable law.
We process this information in light of our legitimate interest in improving our Website and enabling our users to browse in a secure environment.
- Personalize Content, Advertising and Marketing
- If you have used Compugen’s services in the past, we might have a legitimate business interest for matching the data we collect with other data we had already collected.
- This enables us to understand your needs and interests, optimize the content we send you and make it more suitable and relevant to your needs.
We process this information in light of our legitimate interest to personalize your experience on the Website and customize our content.
Disclosure of Information and Transfer of Data
In order to perform our contractual and other legal responsibilities or purposes, we may, from time to time, need to share your Personal Information with third parties. We may as well share your Personal Information with our affiliates, subsidiaries or any third party service providers and individuals to facilitate the Website or any portion thereof, such as marketing, data management or maintenance services. We will share your information with third party payment processors to processes any transaction you made via the Website. We may also share your information with analytics service providers for analytics services. Such analytics service providers set their own cookies or other identifiers on your computer, through which they can collect information about your usage of our Website. This helps us compile aggregated statistics about the effectiveness of our Website.
We may also transfer your information, including Personal Information, in connection with a corporate merger, consolidation, the sale of related assets or corporate division or other fundamental corporate changes. Furthermore, information about you may also be released in order to comply with any valid legal obligation or inquiry or process such as a search warrant, subpoena, statute or court order. We will also release specific information in special cases, such as if you use our Website to perform an unlawful act or omission or take any act or omission that may damage Compugen, its property and goodwill, or if there is an attempted breach of the security of the Website or a physical or property threat to you or others. With respect to our data protection practices, you have the right to file a complaint to any relevant supervisory data protection authority.
You have the right at any time to request to access or modify your information. To exercise these options, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In some jurisdictions, in particular those located within the European Union (the “EU”) or within the European Economic Area (the “EEA”), you may be afforded specific rights regarding your Personal Information. Subject to such eligibility, you may have the following rights to:
- Request a rectification of your Personal Information where the information we hold about you is incorrect or incomplete.
- Object to the processing of your Personal Information for direct marketing purposes.
- Object to the processing of your Personal Information where our legal basis for that processing is that such processing is necessary for our legitimate interests.
- Object to an automated decision-making (including profiling) in certain circumstances.
- Request the erasure of your Personal Information in certain circumstances, such as where processing is no longer necessary for the purpose it was originally collected for, and there is no compelling reason for us to continue to process or store it;
- Receive your Personal Information, or ask us to transfer it to another organization that you have provided to us, which we process by automated means, where our processing is either based on your consent or is necessary for the performance of a contract with you.
If you wish to file a request regarding any of the above, you may contact us at: email@example.com.
California Online Privacy Protection Act
The California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”) permits users who are California residents to request to exercise certain rights. If you are a California resident, the CCPA grants you the right to request certain information about our practices with respect to your Personal Information. In particular, you can request to receive information on the following:
- The categories and specific pieces of your Personal Information that we have collected.
- The categories of sources from which we collected your Personal Information.
- The business or commercial purposes for which we collected your Personal Information.
- The categories of third parties with which we shared your Personal Information.
You can be rest assured that we do not sell your Personal Information. If you choose to exercise your rights, we will not provide different quality of our Website, unless those differences are related to your provision of your Personal Information.
Please note that you must verify your identity and request before further action is taken. As a part of this process, government identification may be required. Moreover, you may designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf.
We endeavor to respond to a verifiable consumer request within 45 days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to 90 days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing. Any disclosures we provide, will only cover the 12-month period preceding your verifiable request’s receipt. If, for some reason, we cannot reply within such time frame, our response will include an explanation for our inability to comply. If you wish to exercise your CCPA rights, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights. Unless permitted by the CCPA, we will not:
- Deny you goods or services.
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
- Provide you with a different level or quality of goods or services.
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
CAN SPAM Act
The CAN-SPAM Act is a Federal US law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
To be in accordance with CANSPAM, we agree to the following:
- Not use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
- Identify the commercial message sent to you as an advertisement when required.
- Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters.
- Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
- Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
- Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can email us at email@example.com and we will promptly remove you from ALL correspondence.
We may use “cookies” and/or other technologies or files (collectively, “cookies”) to identify how visitors make use of this Website. This aggregated tracking information may be used to help us improve and enhance the Website experience for all of our users. In addition, cookies are used for adjusting the Website to your personal preferences. Cookies contain information such as the pages you visited, the length of time you stayed on the Website, the location from which you accessed the Website and more. If you would prefer not to have cookies stored on your computer, you may modify your browser settings to reject most cookies, or manually remove cookies that have been placed on your computer. However, by rejecting the cookies, you may be unable to fully access the offerings on this Website. To find out more about cookies, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
Opt In or Opt Out
You are always in control of your data, and if you choose to receive information from us, or others, you can change your mind later. If, at any time, you would like to stop receiving such information or opt out of a feature, you may notify us by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. You should be aware, however, that it is not always possible to completely remove or modify information in our databases and servers, although we will always make reasonable efforts to do so upon your request.
Links to Other Websites
We deploy industry standard measures to ensure the security, confidentiality, integrity and availability of the Personal Information we process. We maintain physical, technical and administrative safeguards, and test and update these periodically. We endeavor to restrict access to Personal Information on a ‘need to know’ basis for the provision of requested information or services to you. No such measures are perfect or impenetrable. In the event of a security breach, we will take all reasonable action to minimize any harm. Although we will do our best to protect Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of data transmitted to our Website and transmission is at the users own risk.
Generally, Compugen does not retain information longer than necessary to provide the services requested from it or to maintain the Website, and for its reasonable business and lawful needs. If you withdraw your consent to us processing your Personal Information, we will erase your Personal Information from our systems, unless the Personal Information is required for Compugen to establish, exercise or defend against legal claims or it is necessary for the performance of the requested services or provision of the Website.
The Website is not intended for children under the age of 16. We do not, knowingly or intentionally, collect information about children who are under 16 years of age.
IF YOU ARE UNDER THE AGE OF 16 YOU MAY NOT USE THE WEBSITE, UNLESS PARENTAL CONSENT IS PROVIDED ACCORDINGLY
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
This page was updated on December 2020.