Compugen’s extraordinary multidisciplinary team is one of its greatest assets. Our employees, coming from different backgrounds with diverse ways of thinking, work together in an atmosphere that cultivates excellence, creativity and openness. The cooperation of people from various disciplines involving different areas of expertise is fundamental to our ability to establish unique predictive drug discovery solutions, as well as to discover and develop novel therapeutic proteins and drug targets. This merging of talent from various disciplines continues to serve as a key growth driver and enables us to fulfill our mission and business goals. We are expanding our software and data engineering team under the Computational Discovery unit and seek a Sr. Engineer to drive hands-on development of our cloud-based data-lake.
- The Sr. Data & Software Engineer will lead backend infrastructure development of Compugen’s Computational Discovery analytics platform for the in-silico identification of drug targets and novel biomarkers in immuno-oncology (IO)
- Lead the establishment of a cloud-based Data Lake database (DB) including detail scoping, requirements gathering, hands-on architecture, design and implementation, testing, launch, maintenance and support
- Utilization of state-of-the-art technologies to optimize the DB and enable real-time queries, analytics and visualization of big-data
- Continuous improvement of database QA/QC and cloud cost optimization
- Apply best practice in information security and access control of the database
- Work in collaboration with biologists, bioinformatics and data scientists, as well as with stakeholders and management across the company
- Present, visualize and communicate the database development roadmap and achieved milestones to internal and external collaborators
- B.Sc. or equivalent hands-on years of experience in Computer Science/Engineering
- 3+ years of hands-on commercial-grade software development
- Experience implementing a data lake architecture
- Extensive experience in databases for handling and integrating large-scale datasets and data science technologies for structured and unstructured data, such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, DynamoDB, RedShift, Apache SPARK, Hadoop, MapReduce
- Experience in implementing ‘real-time’ (milliseconds) queries on large datasets.
- Hands-on experience in cloud-based (AWS preferred) platform development with Datalakes, Dockers, Kubernetes, MapReduce, RDS
- Experience with implanting ETL systems
- Best practices in version control (Github, CodeCommit), documentation and in dev-stage-prodenvironments
- Agile/SCRUM and Kanban development
- Ability to propose, scope and carry out independently end-to-end software development projects, including best practice in QA/QC.
- Demonstrated impact via the development of novel computational platforms and the adoption of new technologies
- Experience in the biotech and pharmaceutical industry – an advantage
- Dev-Ops experience in performance and cost optimization – an advantage
- A team player in a multidisciplinary environment
- Outstanding interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Strong collaborative skills, professionalism and long term commitment