The research technician will support ex-vivo and in-vitro experiments, as a part of the functional validation of immunomodulatory molecules discovered by Compugen. The research work under the supervision of scientists will include expression studies in human and mouse tumor-infiltrating immune cells, and functional immune assays for elucidation of mode of action.
- Assist in processing and characterizing human and mouse tumor tissues
- Perform immune cell isolation from human and mouse blood
- Support tissue culture experiments (flow cytometry, cytokine analysis)
- Assist in genotyping of mouse strains
- Support with laboratory maintenance duties e.g., handling routine tasks such as preparing stocks of common lab reagents, maintaining lab databases, etc.
- Temporary position for a year- 10 hours a week
- Bachelor’s degree in life sciences is preferred
- 3-6 months of experience in a research lab environment, preferably including work under sterile conditions
- Preferred qualifications include: basic knowledge of immunology from coursework or equivalent research experience
- A quick learner, efficient in multitasking, highly organized and excellent record keeping
- Willingness to work in afternoon hours (after 2pm) 2-3 times a week