An Accessible Website
An accessible website is a website that allows people with impairments and special needs to use it efficiently and enjoy it like anyone else.
It is estimated that between 20 and 25 percent of the population encounter difficulties in using the Internet and may benefit from more accessible web content.
Compugen is committed to take action and make this site accessible also to people with impairments and special needs.
Measures Used to Improve Web Site Accessibility:
The website is supported by standard browsers, including:
- Microsoft Edge
- Mozilla Firefox
- Google Chrome
Using the Keyboard:
Users who have difficulty in operating a mouse can surf the website using a keyboard. Repeated pressing of the Tab key will toggle around the various menus and links at the website. Pressing enter will activate the chosen menu or link.
There is an accessibility menu at the left hand side of each page that allows for changing the accessibility options of the web site. The options can be turned on by pressing the + sign to the right of each specific option choice and turned off by pressing the x sign again. The following options exist in the accessibility
- Change font size – font size can be increased by pushing the “up” symbol or decreased by pushing the “down” symbol
- Underline links
- Increase outline width of menu or field selected when navigating using a keyboard
- Change contrast to a dark background contrast
- Change contrast to a bright background contrast
- Change colors to black and white
- Change font to a simple type font
- Change font to dyslexic font
- Stop animations
Diagrams, Illustrations and Other Files
Due to the scientific nature of the information on our website, some of the diagrams, illustrations and files might not be fully accessible. In order to receive explanations and/or an accessible version
of such files, please contact our accessibility coordinator listed at the bottom of this declaration, and we will be happy to provide you with the relevant accessible file.
Our offices meet the required regulations that allow access for disabled people, including:
- Disabled parking spaces
- Accessible reception area to the building – including devices for people with hearing impairment
- Accessible entrance gate to enter the building
- Elevators with verbal indication of floor and direction of travel
- Wide corridors and doorways
- Reception desk height
- Accessible toilets on the floor of our offices
- Accessible main conference room
If you encounter any difficulty or problem while visiting the Compugen website, we would appreciate if you would let us know and we will make sure to correct it as soon as possible.
Accessibility Coordinator’s Contact Information:
Telephone number: +972-3-765-8556